Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
September 19th, 2013
Thanks, The information that is said in the thread was taken from different places on the net and edited to get my point across. Just glad it did.

i see such a pro xD
September 19th, 2013
I was going to make this thread among others today zzzzz
September 20th, 2013
Great explanation, I just gave up on this forum really, I just go to DBOPS Development Guild Forum to see how everyone is doing and to post any work I may have and to gain feedback, and etc...
September 20th, 2013
An online game has two parts, think of it like seeing a movie.

1 = (Server files) the movie itself
2 = (Client files) the ticket you buy that tells you where the movie is being shown and lets you in.

From now on I will say "server files" or "client files" try and imagine it in terms of the movie and the ticket above.

When you buy an online game(or Download), you are just buying the Client files (the "ticket") that shows your computer where to go and lets you in. You don't actually have the full game itself on your computer. The server files (like the movie) is stored somewhere else and never given to the public.

Just the same as how when you go to the cinema they don't give you a DVD with the movie on it, they just give you a ticket so you can go watch the movie.

--------
How do private gaming servers work?

How a private server works is that someone gets their hands on a copy of the server files, the part that is usually hidden away and not given to people. It's a bit like downloading a movie then inviting people to come to your house instead of going to the cinema.

Or

The harder and longer process which is to create our own server files by different means. First off we need to reverse engineer the game client. Which takes a lot of work trying to figure how the Client talks with the server. It's like recreating the whole Movie after seeing it by using different actors and understanding the in and outs about the script that was needed to make the Movie. Basically Long process, but still possible to do.

-- How do they connect everyone together?

What they do is they tell people to adjust their Client files so that it redirects them. Basically you edit something on your game so that you can change where the game sends you to connect. So when you run the game, your computer redirects you to their server files instead of the official ones.
--

My purpose of making this thread is to calm everyone down. The Process of making a Private Server is going to be dreadful there's going to be times when we will be stuck at a hurdle and time's when we may achieve miracles. Though none of this Happens over night.

By Making this thread I hope to be able to give everyone here some insight. On the Process of what we are trying to do and how it's not a easy task.

So Suggestion on balancing and changing things within game. Is not needed right now, Revamping the game will come after we actually can get the game running and some content to go with it. So please no more useless post in this Private Server section. Tired of seeing threads that isn't contributing to the cause of "Making a Private Server"

"Don't mean to offend anyone"

Damn nigga nice one
September 20th, 2013
Correct me if im wrong but isn't the only legal way to do this is to backward engineer it and write new code? If I understand correctly stealling server files is already illegal but often over looked. However using their code to make the servers and game work is a BIG no no.