Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
September 20th, 2013
Do a complete re-work of DBO's textures, What would you all suggest the theme to be like?

Just an open question. Discuss, as we MAY take the highest voted theme into consideration and begin our first real task here..

Example no.1: A bright and exuberant world!
Example no.2: A dark and cold world.

Or you can be zone specific and say "Make kokkara map bright and happy, while Korin village forest like and mossy."

Discuss and suggest.

Last edited on September 20th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
September 20th, 2013
A bright and euberant world.. DragonBall brings joy to it's fans.. not malice.
September 20th, 2013
I have no complaints with the world atm. Though if I could suggest giving chars more facial expressions, like frown to look serious when using a skill or blink when you get hit or something.

Makes chars seem to have more emotions and less 1-diminsonal.
September 20th, 2013
A bright and euberant world.. DragonBall brings joy to it's fans.. not malice.

I second this.
September 20th, 2013
I think the facial features are a good idea and for the work I would suggest that the majority of the map is happy vibrant and colourful. But I want Tmq,UD,RP areas to be very dark and massive contrast to the normal feel of a Dragonball episode. Like dragon ball feel for the maps and for challenging areas to be more like the dragonballz episodes. I am Struggling to explain my self properly but the Dragonball episodes looked really childish (which I still watch and they are good) and fun, the dragonballz are more intense.

I think if you guys are going to succeed quickly going to be down to how you make the world a interesting place for the fans not balanced game , that can come later.

Btw I also think the first task for you guys should be to get a version operational quickly with aesthetic changes like the ones we are discussing, it massive character changes we are all looking forward to that in the future. GL

Last edited on September 20th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
September 20th, 2013
I made the suggestion in a different section of the forum, to use full cell shaded graphics, like the ones used in Sly Cooper, where the background/landscape matches the characters so both characters and environment look as though they belong together. I think that would be excellent in a Dragon Ball MMO, as it would make the player feel like their character is in the anime, at least to a point.
September 20th, 2013
Also for say two level 70s dueling each other it would be cool if everyone else watching saw ths quick blast of fighting http://youtu.be/5MNtMCBGMz4 0:30-0:35.

I duno how hard it would be to do this but I think it would be cool and could be like end of the road improvements not something that is essential. It could work like this ..

Have a seperate channel which will not be selectable when choosing channel. This could be used for people who duel and duels are actually 3 rounds rather than one round .

Each round the loser gets aesthetic damage to gear like armour gets cracked or ripped.

Then others see the flashes during a duel in the air and on the ground. This is air combat but it's easier than actual air combat! Plus it would be fun!

@@@@ also @@@@
Can we have the option to hide our gloves in the settings like the scouter?

Also Also
What do you think about possibly being able to lock the character equipment style (like dc universe) so we can wear level 70 armour but look like we are wearing level 40 Saiyan armour or what ever is your preference.

Last edited on September 20th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.