Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Current Time in Korea (GMT+9):  (Scheduled Events)
Current Korean Game Version: 1.50.46 (Released: April 29)
Download
Character List
Guild List

August 27th, 2013
To be fair we don't know what will happen to the other versions. We still have loads of people cashing so they must be making some profit.

Hopefully ur rite ima be bored if dbo shut down for good not super bored but bored
August 27th, 2013
Hopefully ur rite ima be bored if dbo shut down for good not super bored but bored

I'll have to go back to Star Trek Online, FFXI and XIV and Shin Megami Tensai Online.
August 27th, 2013
shit sorry was toooooooooo mad hope this wont hapen to tw version

wooow welp guys if this is happening to KR after KR is shut down get Ready to say bye bye to TW and HK aswell :/

It might but i dunno about HK cause if you really compared the 2 version now which is HK and tw now, GM's are active online in game on Hk and TW you see no GMs and rarely any Taiwanese Natives . Personally I see TW 1 more year or a year and half and Hk a good 2 or 3 years more.
August 27th, 2013
It might but i dunno about HK cause if you really compared the 2 version now which is HK and tw now, GM's are active online in game on Hk and TW you see no GMs and rarely any Taiwanese Natives . Personally I see TW 1 more year or a year and half and Hk a good 2 or 3 years more.

dbo will not last forever, We all know if they dont make more updates eventually all versions will shut down. I still think TW and HK are still profitable... but since there is those sites selling zenis and wasabi cards i think the devellopers are losing money fast and they may close this game in short time
August 27th, 2013
but since there is those sites selling zenis and wasabi cards i think the devellopers are losing money fast and they may close this game in short time

Loads of games have this sort of thing and alot of them never shut their servers down.
August 27th, 2013
dbo will not last forever, We all know if they dont make more updates eventually all versions will shut down. I still think TW and HK are still profitable... but since there is those sites selling zenis and wasabi cards i think the devellopers are losing money fast and they may close this game in short time

yes yes indeed that is true and since KR was basically the most up to date version even more then us yeah sadly to say unless we are able to convince NTL to sell DBO rights to a Company in the USA like for example Blizzard for one who has all the Cash in the World for a gaming company then yeah.

I'll say this now but for those who don't care for the game anymore don't bother but for those who do care fight back so you can have the privilege to play still.

Last edited on August 27th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
August 27th, 2013
Well it could be possible to do what had happened to FFXI where some people took the game files and hosted it on their own private free to play server but i don't know how possible it would be.
August 27th, 2013
Loads of games have this sort of thing and alot of them never shut their servers down.

idk lately i heard a lot of MMORPGs and games shutting down like I heard of S4league closing , Disney's Toontown , pixie hollow and Pirates of the Caribbean Online to are being shut down and sad enough for me is POTCO was my first MMORPG and it taught me a lot of the Basics to a MMORPG and as for DBO it taught me PVP and I have to shout out and Thank the MysticForce Crew for That, Thanks guys! But yeah loads of games are shutting down lately idk ... i think MMORPGs such as these are dieing out now, USA isn't really in a Economy anymore since the first time the USA went was in the Gulf War. So lack of Fund and High Content players and gamers what pretty much bankrupt there budget. Where any major type of Countries money goes is right into the Military so yeah.
August 27th, 2013
Well it could be possible to do what had happened to FFXI where some people took the game files and hosted it on their own private free to play server but i don't know how possible it would be.

That would be the best option.
August 27th, 2013

The GM's in TW have never showed off much, it has been like that from the beginning. You have no way of knowing if they are active or not if you can't see them and don't know where they are. Nonetheless, GM's showing up or not still has nothing to do with which version would shut down first.

Whether or not a version has more natives than others, that doesn't mean it has more players in general. Not like it matters, though. TW has a fairly big amount of players compared to KR (and way more foreigners than HK, as everybody knows), which alot of them still cash.

HK would probably shut down first, as it was never as popular/successful as TW, outside its native community. Plus, even if TW were to end first, I doubt many people would move to HK. Not only because of just having to start over, but because of starting over and knowing that HK awaits the same fate.

------------------------------
Now, what could be deciding the end would be the removal of GameGuard. My theory:

As a possibility, they've given up on the game and are just keeping the servers up and running to milk as much money as possible. They don't care what happens, so they don't need to pay for GameGuard anymore, thus saving up more money.

Where is this money going? Certaintly not to new updates, as far as we've seen. It is most likely being saved up to fund for the company's other games, or perhaps a new game they plan on adding.

With no KR version to get the updates first and test them out, they'd have to release them in TW/HK now first, but will they do that? I don't see any sign of that happening, since it's been so long since the last (real) update.

When things start dying out faster, we'll probably get that new pet update to keep meta players hanging on for just a little while more, and then finally reaching the same fate as the KR version.
------------------------------

Now, we don't know if the end of the KR version really means the end of DBO. If they have one less version to worry about, maybe the others will profit from that and things will start looking up. Or maybe they plan on an English release (unlikely), which would raise the popularity even more than it ever was, starting a completely new cycle of new players and a bigger, fresh money flow.

Either way, can't deny that things look bad, but there's nothing else to do but wait and see what happens, while still doing what we can, by e-mailing them and showing our concern and keep playing. Especially since there's really no garantee yet that the game itself is doomed completely.