Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Current Time in Korea (GMT+9):  (Scheduled Events)
Current Korean Game Version: 1.50.46 (Released: April 29)
Download
Character List
Guild List

August 27th, 2013
The GM's in TW have never showed off much, it has been like that from the beginning. You have no way of knowing if they are active or not if you can't see them and don't know where they are. Nonetheless, GM's showing up or not still has nothing to do with which version would shut down first.

Whether or not a version has more natives than others, that doesn't mean it has more players in general. Not like it matters, though. TW has a fairly big amount of players compared to KR (and way more foreigners than HK, as everybody knows), which alot of them still cash.

HK would probably shut down first, as it was never as popular/successful as TW, outside its native community. Plus, even if TW were to end first, I doubt many people would move to HK. Not only because of just having to start over, but because of starting over and knowing that HK awaits the same fate.

------------------------------
Now, what could be deciding the end would be the removal of GameGuard. My theory:

As a possibility, they've given up on the game and are just keeping the servers up and running to milk as much money as possible. They don't care what happens, so they don't need to pay for GameGuard anymore, thus saving up more money.

Where is this money going? Certaintly not to new updates, as far as we've seen. It is most likely being saved up to fund for the company's other games, or perhaps a new game they plan on adding.

With no KR version to get the updates first and test them out, they'd have to release them in TW/HK now first, but will they do that? I don't see any sign of that happening, since it's been so long since the last (real) update.

When things start dying out faster, we'll probably get that new pet update to keep meta players hanging on for just a little while more, and then finally reaching the same fate as the KR version.

Now, we don't know if the end of the KR version really means the end of DBO. If they have one less version to worry about, maybe the others will profit from that and things will start looking up. Or maybe they plan on an English release (unlikely), which would raise the popularity even more than it ever was, starting a completely new cycle of new players and a bigger, fresh money flow.

Either way, can't deny that things look bad, but there's nothing else to do but wait and see what happens, while still doing what we can, by e-mailing them and showing our concern and keep playing. Especially since there's really no garantee yet that the game itself is doomed completely.

True i beleive the same
August 27th, 2013
The GM's in TW have never showed off much, it has been like that from the beginning. You have no way of knowing if they are active or not if you can't see them and don't know where they are. Nonetheless, GM's showing up or not still has nothing to do with which version would shut down first.

Whether or not a version has more natives than others, that doesn't mean it has more players in general. Not like it matters, though. TW has a fairly big amount of players compared to KR (and way more foreigners than HK, as everybody knows), which alot of them still cash.

HK would probably shut down first, as it was never as popular/successful as TW, outside its native community. Plus, even if TW were to end first, I doubt many people would move to HK. Not only because of just having to start over, but because of starting over and knowing that HK awaits the same fate.

Now, what could be deciding the end would be the removal of GameGuard. My theory:

As a possibility, they've given up on the game and are just keeping the servers up and running to milk as much money as possible. They don't care what happens, so they don't need to pay for GameGuard anymore, thus saving up more money.

Where is this money going? Certaintly not to new updates, as far as we've seen. It is most likely being saved up to fund for the company's other games, or perhaps a new game they plan on adding.

With no KR version to get the updates first and test them out, they'd have to release them in TW/HK now first, but will they do that? I don't see any sign of that happening, since it's been so long since the last (real) update.

When things start dying out faster, we'll probably get that new pet update to keep meta players hanging on for just a little while more, and then finally reaching the same fate as the KR version.

Now, we don't know if the end of the KR version really means the end of DBO. If they have one less version to worry about, maybe the others will profit from that and things will start looking up. Or maybe they plan on an English release (unlikely), which would raise the popularity even more than it ever was, starting a completely new cycle of new players and a bigger, fresh money flow.

Either way, can't deny that things look bad, but there's nothing else to do but wait and see what happens, while still doing what we can, by e-mailing them and showing our concern and keep playing. Especially since there's really no garantee yet that the game itself is doomed completely.

You pretty much explained what i summed up lol XD

But also remember HK if you go right around Budokai time or 1 AM pst mmy time you'll see HK has a majority of Chinese players and thats what they care about most over us since its their countries game and not a US .

Last edited on August 27th, 2013 at 06:27 AM.
August 27th, 2013
DiVine is a GM
Joke, Here is what i know and im sure will happen, 2014, taiwan is gone, but hong kong will carry on for another 2 years because it started the latest, also, this might not happen as i can see that there are more players playing this game when im looking at the channels, channel 4 is nearly half filled, unusual...
But what can i say, DBO is a really bad terms in term of skills, unless ur talking about kid budokai which is way different XD
August 27th, 2013

Last edited on August 27th, 2013 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Double Post
August 27th, 2013
i think that tawain version will last forever xd beacause there are always new players

anyway can someone give me a video on how to play hk version

Read what i said post #22 about that www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=357440#post357440
August 27th, 2013
Just wish there was an actual MMORPG that was anime-styled, clean and awesome cell-shaded graphics, f2p, open world, fast-paced free gameplay (like S4 League or Dragon Nest, etc), that isn't too grindy, that has enough content and a wide variety of features and customization options to keep people interested.

Is it too much to ask? Apparentely.
August 27th, 2013
FQ nothing else to say = =
August 27th, 2013
Dem feels.

Click here to see full text
August 27th, 2013
Sometimes even I hate being right.

If this is true, then expect the other versions to follow shortly. And as I have previously said, expect no more updates, resulting in more people leaving. They can't even be arsed fixing game breaking bugs like the auto pot glitch.

No lvl 80 cap.
No TMQ8.
No single crap given.

Game Over.

If people are expecting an influx of Korean players, I wouldn't be so sure. Who can be arsed starting again on a new version to see that version shut down soon. Which they will.

Any1 who thinks a server merge on TW can save the game, well no it can't, and it won't. It mearly combines the existing player base. Maybe a few people will come back for a while, but that's it. I expect TW to be finished by christmas.

Last edited on August 27th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
August 27th, 2013
Dem feels.

Click here to see full text

Would say "Korean is better because we get shut down first, others must have wait"