Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 24th, 2013
I went cinema earlier to see the new Captain Phillips movie which was based on true events in 2009 where a US cargo ship was Hijacked by Somali Pirates.
The film Stars Tom hanks as Captain Phillips and Barkhad Abdi who plays Abduwali Muse

SPOILERS
Click here to see full text

Some differences between the film and Real life is that Phillips is reported as a Very bad and selfish captain. He ignored pirate warnings 7 in total i believe and crew members said it seemed he had a death wish. He was sued for 50 million by his crew for disregarding their safety throughout the ordeal although he is regarded a hero the crew have mixed reports about the entire ordeal.

All in all i have to say Tom Hanks was on form in this film again. great performance for a good film. i wouldnt rush too see it again and i wont buy the DVD but it was worth watching even though it was a slow film to get into

anyone seen it discuss?:)

November 4th, 2013
Nice quick review, I've seen this move advertised but don't think I'll see it any time soon.

Your thread is a great idea and I think I might make recent movie discussion threads on any movie I see in theatres if there isn't a discussion about it already. The next movie I'm going to watch if I get a chance will be The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and if I do I'll be sure to write my thoughts about it. (I can't promise this though, all depends if my friends want to come see it or not :P)
November 4th, 2013
Thanks . The movie overall was good , it wasn't action packed and I won't watch it again anytime soon but it was worth watching at least . I'm gonna release a walking dead and game if thrones review tomorrow . Hunger games nice , I liked the first film but the second doesn't seem that good to me so far ( I havnt read the books or focused on this series). I enjoyed Battle royal which is an old Japanese film which hunger games has copied off . If you havnt watched Battle royal check it out man it's hunger games with shit loads of violence and blood . It's epic

#gimmejennifer
November 4th, 2013
You've given me an idea, of doing manga reviews i read a ton of that shit.

I haven't even heard of this movie, sounds like it'd be good movie for my dad though, might suggest it to him.
Thanks.
November 4th, 2013
Yeah man if your dad likes true story's like this then he will enjoy it . It's all about the 2009 Somali pirates if he remembers it
November 4th, 2013
Thanks . The movie overall was good , it wasn't action packed and I won't watch it again anytime soon but it was worth watching at least . I'm gonna release a walking dead and game if thrones review tomorrow . Hunger games nice , I liked the first film but the second doesn't seem that good to me so far ( I havnt read the books or focused on this series). I enjoyed Battle royal which is an old Japanese film which hunger games has copied off . If you havnt watched Battle royal check it out man it's hunger games with shit loads of violence and blood . It's epic

#gimmejennifer

Nice I might check it out.

Sweet I've watched Game of Thrones and would be glad for there to be a discussion thread about it! Be sure to make that right away :D

I heard good things about The Walking dead, I still need to watch it though

Last edited on November 4th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
November 4th, 2013

#gimmejennifer

Yoo Battle Royale was awesome. Did you watch the sequel as well? I have both of them on dvd.

and I can't wait for Catching Fire to come out.

and that Tom Hanks movie looks stupid af.
November 4th, 2013
yeah bro both were good i think the 2nd hunger games will be simalier to the 2nd battle royal. ( theres gotta be some kind of copyright infrindgment going on ) the storys are just the same. the 2nd was a bit dull bit i still enjoyed it
November 4th, 2013
Nice review, I might rent that movie