Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
November 4th, 2013
ok Thor time. i enjoyed number 1 and i thought this film was a bit more of a darker theme than its previous film.

For those who havnt watched any of the marvel films you should check them out they are awesome. I havnt read the comics so i dont know what differences there are between the film and the comic but overall i was very pleased with the film. absolutly worth watching.

Click here to see full text

November 4th, 2013
For those who havnt watched any of the marvel films you should check them out they are awesome. I havnt read the comics so i dont know what differences there are between the film and the comic

Thor fan weighing in. The Dark World isn't actually based on any particular comic book story arc. Most of the Marvel movies aren't, actually. (Ones not done by Marvel Studios exempt -- The Wolverine was clearly just an adaptation of Chris Claremont's original Wolverine mini) The only things that are almost panel-for-scene with the original comics are the origin stories in the films. Thor's was easily the least accurate, though, as Donald Blake wasn't even an object in it.

If you're interested in reading a few comics about Thor, I'd recommend Walter Simonson's run. It's probably the definitive Thor run, (other than the original Lee/Kirby one, which might feel a little dated to most people) but he omnibus for it is a bit expensive and difficult to find. eBay would probably help. There's a new trade collection of his work that just came out, but it's all recolored and looks like shit because of it in my opinion. If you don't mind the digital coloring, it wouldn't be a bad place to start. J. Michael Strazynski's run is also really good, but continuity makes it kind of confusing. It is easier to pick up, though.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here. Apologies to any Christians who might find this distasteful.