Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
May 13th, 2013
Citrinate, myself, and a few other people are actively working on the patch, day and night, so as to bring you a fully English game as soon as possible.

Its a tall order, but its not impossible.

What we really need right now, more than anything, is help.

The more people we have using the very easy to use patch editor, the faster this will be done. Sometimes we feel like we're being crushed under the sheer magnitude of this project, but I, for one, refuse to give in and just watch this game go down the drain.

To everyone that loves DBO, please donate some of your time and energy into getting this patch on its feet! The benefits would be amazing.

We'd have more English players, for one. We'd garner interest and the servers would swell. With so many active players, the honchos behind DBO would be sure to take interest. Its not much of a stretch to think they would want to use the patch to bring DBO to western audiences; they'd make a lot of money with little effort.

If you're interested, please post. This will require at least a small amount of dedication from you, so make sure you're really willing to put forth a bit of effort before posting. At some point, I'm planning to put together a Skype group, and maybe an in-game guild for all of us translators to talk and relax.

This is my personal plea to you. If you love this game, this series, please don't let it die over in Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
May 13th, 2013
That was odd. Anyway, I believe we have a good percentage of the patch done. Is anyone listening out there?
May 13th, 2013
I would help, But i don't exactly know a shred of Taiwanese.
May 13th, 2013
well im not a techy person so idk how this whole thing works rofl.... anyway i wish you all luck =3
May 13th, 2013
@Dumke_480: I'll PM you.
May 13th, 2013
I used to help out with the english patch once in a while, but real life kept me too busy in the meantime, so I kinda stopped. Then I also started getting into sound modding. Right now, I have some more free time again, so I'll try lending a hand once more, if I can.

Also, I'm very happy to see your determination. It really is inspiring.
May 13th, 2013
Awesome! I'll pm you as well.

So that's one potential translator and another one for sure, I hope.

So far so good. Let's see if we can round up some more people; seriously, the more people we get, the faster it gets up off the ground.

I estimate we're between 15% and 20% complete as it is.
May 13th, 2013
I would help, But i don't exactly know a shred of Taiwanese.

Taiwanese and Chinese are two different things.
DBO Taiwan uses Mandarin Chinese, not Taiwanese, since most speak Mandarin instead of Taiwanese.
Source: I'm Taiwanese.

With the right websites, and In game knowledge, you don't really need to know a lot of Chinese to translate.

Last edited on May 13th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
May 13th, 2013
There is more than a few people working on the patch. There are hundreds working on it. Some individual users have even translated more than 700 strings by themselves. The patch will take a long time to complete seeing as there are more than a million characters that need to be translated. However, we could use more help. Thank you to everyone helping with the English patch.
May 13th, 2013
An English patch is needed just to read what you typed.