Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
August 9th, 2012
The second of our Summer Events will be hosted this Sunday (August 12th) at 3PM, 6PM, and 9PM EST. This event will be taking place in the Hong Kong version of DBO. If you still don't have a DBO HK account or haven't downloaded the HK version of the game yet, you can find more information on how to do so at the links below:

DBO Hong Kong Account Creation Guide (Alternative Guide by Santee)
DBO Hong Kong Download Links (Direct Download) (Wasabii Downloader)

Event #2: In-Game Race
Prize: 1x Silver Star No.8 (Green) (30 day limit) presented to each of the 10 winners

For this event, participants will need to travel from the Human starting location in Yahhoi West to the center of the main village of Karin's Forest. However, to keep things fair, there will be a few rules:
  • Only level 1 Human characters will be allowed to enter the races
  • Participants will not be allowed to use any forms of teleport or speed boosts (apart from the buses that run along the road)
  • Participants may only win a single prize from this event
If you already have a character that's past level 1 or isn't a Human, you can still enter a race by creating a new temporary level 1 character.

Time: There will be three separate races, all along the same path. The times and # of winners for each race are as follows (click on any of the times below to convert them into your local time):

Race #1: August 12, 3PM EST, 3 winners
Race #2: August 12, 6PM EST, 4 winners
Race #3: August 12, 9PM EST, 3 winners

Click here to view a map of the path from the start point to the finish point
Note: You don't need to follow the path above exactly as it's shown. You're free to get to the finish however you see fit, as long as you don't break any of the rules. If you want to take a dangerous route that cuts through mob infested areas or climb over the mountains you can do that. Using the buses that travel along the road and mailing your level 1 character enough Zeni to pay for the bus fees is also allowed.

To enter a race, you must be at the starting zone on Channel 2 before the race begins (it's recommended that you arive at least 5-10 minutes early). My character "Citrinate" will be there taking a record of who's there and letting people know when to begin. If you arrive late, you can still join the race if you choose to do so, but you will not be able to win any prizes for that race.

The winners for each race will be those who arrivate at the finish line before everyone else. However, prizes will not be given out at that time. Instead, prizes will be distributed through Wasabii's Web Depot system at a later date.

Important!: Wasabii will be using your character names to figure out what account to send the items to. If you created a temporary character and plan to delete it before recieving your item, you must let me know the name of another character on your account before you delete it. Likewise, if you didn't have any open slots on your main account and needed to create an alternative one to enter, you must also let me know the name of a character on your main account.

Last edited on August 13th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
August 9th, 2012
What if someone uses dual client and uses popo summon? Careful. Btw the car is 30 day only? :O
August 9th, 2012
can we get the dash or we have to be lvl 1
August 9th, 2012
What if someone uses dual client and uses popo summon? Careful. Btw the car is 30 day only? :O

Yes, the item is not permanent.

There's also a number of different ways to know whether or not someone cheated. For instance, you can only get to the finish so fast. If someone gets there far ahead of everyone else, and faster than any level 1 should be able to run, then it's pretty obvious that they didn't play by the rules.

can we get the dash or we have to be lvl 1

Only level 1 Human characters will be allowed to enter

August 9th, 2012
can we cut through the mountains?
August 9th, 2012

Look What Citrinate said (below)

Citrinate Said: You don't need to follow the path above exactly, if you want to take a dangerous route that cuts through mob infested areas you can do so.
August 9th, 2012

Slipped my mind that they removed the invisible walls on the mountains when they added flight. I also completely forgot about the buses that run along the road.

I'm going to allow both jumping over mountains and using the buses in the hopes that they even things out a bit. It should also make things a bit more interesting.

Mailing your level 1 character Zeni for the bus fees is, of course, also allowed.

Last edited on August 9th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
August 10th, 2012
Wow good event,Wasabii is in contact with you for the event :O
August 10th, 2012
I really dont know
August 11th, 2012
Can't you do 3 race in 3 days? Because people lost one race could take part in another race and try to win there... But if you put 3 race on 3 different times in the same day... for people that live out of the america is very very hard take part one of them. You could do 12 August 3pm 13 August 3pm 14 august 3pm.