I had the same problems many others seemed to have while trying to install DBO. But I was determined and many hours later I figured out what all this computer language talk meant...lol.
Here are some Tips for people having trouble getting DBO to work. I really hopes this helps.
1. The Taiwanese version patch files are .RTP files[I know this because the link in this thread to the latest versions of the game has each patch ending with ".RTP"] and not ".RAR". So if you are trying to using this thread's TIP on how to increase the speed of the patch it may not work because they are not ".RAR" files so you can neither right click them to run as administrator nor is there a option for Simple Patch (If someone did have those options Im guessing it was either because they have special computer or they did not download Taiwanese version).
2. If you do have Taiwanese version the first thing you need to do in order to speed up patch download is install a download manager onto your CPU. I used "FlashGET" as my download manager(Mainly because i have no knowledge on the subject and after researching what exactly a download manager is on the internet, this is what I came across). So, if you dont know what that is. Go to Google. Type in "FlashGet". Go to its website and download. It works, its fast, simple and best of all FREE!!!
3. Once flashget is downloaded and installed. Open it. Click on either Add+ button on the top or New Download button on the left. A small screen should appear that has a place for you to Copy/Cut links into it.
4. With the screen open highlight the link at the beginning of this thread (http://patchdbo.wasabii.com.tw/Downl...h/),rightclick
and click copy then paste it into your flashget box or simply click "copy shortcut" if you have that option and it should automatically copy the link into you flashget box.
5. Now that you have the link copied into your flashget box.Type in the patch number you need to download at the end of the URL bar.(Example- If you have game version "1.50.1.RTP" then you will need to type in the next version that follows "1.50.2.RTP") So your completed URL bar will look like "http://patchdbo.wasabii.com.tw/Downl...Release/Patch/1.50.2.RTP". Once you complete URL bar, hit download on your flashget box.
6. You will have to repeat step 5 until you have entered every version of the patch the game will need which means all the way to the bottom of the patch list.
A. You can check which version of the game you have by launching it and looking at the very right hand top of the launch screen.
B. All available patches of the game are listed via the link at the beginning of this thread.
7. Once all the patches have been downloaded into flashget. Highlight all of them and move them in the DBO temp file which is located in the DBO game folder and should be called DL_Temp. If you do not see this file launch the game, wait for it to start patching on its own then go back to the game folder and it should appear. (*Note-Someone in this thread said you could create your own temp file in the game folder and it should work. I tried that and it didnt work but then again my knowledge of CPU s very limited so I probably did it worng. But if that makes sense to some of you feel free to try that option as well)
A. For those who do not even know where to go to locate the DBO game folder. The default location should be the C drive of your computer in the start menu. Then go to folder marked program files (x86)[This number may differ depending on your computer but there should be a number regardless] And the folder marked DBO_CT_TW is the game folder.
8. Now that all of the patches have been moved into the DL_Temp file just relaunch the game and you should notice the patches downloading much faster. If you let the game start patching on its own before using the TIP provided by this thread then the game will need to finish whatever patch version it was working on before your changes take effect. Also some of you may be looking at it thinking this isnt fast at all or its too much work just to get a little extra speed. But TRUST me, this patch TIP turned what was originally a 3hr to 4hr patch job to 30-45minutes for me.
9. GOOD LUCK and hope this was helpful. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to be detailed as possible for those who just didnt get any of the computer jargon like myself.